Classroom Expectations and Procedures
- Keep hands, feet, and all other objects to YOURSELF.
- Throwing materials, paper, pencils, etc. will not be tolerated.
- Be on time and prepared for class.
- Notebook, artwork, supplies
- Remain in your seat at all times unless given permission to get up.
- Materials will be brought to you. Should you need to get up, raise your hand.
- Clean up and put away ALL materials before leaving the art room.
- Leave the room and materials in the same manner (or better) than you found them.
- Use your class time wisely and appropriately.
- Sitting and DOING NOTHING is NOT an option.
- Come to class prepared and on time – you must have your notebook, artwork, and other supplies.
- Check board for instructions and assignments.
- Complete or continue working on project – if starting a new project sit quietly and wait for further instructions.
- Follow ALL directions given by the teacher.
- Raise your hand to ask for help.
- Turn in all DUE assignments to appropriate turn in box – Must have name, date, and class period written on the back.
- Clean up your work area and materials – last 5 minutes, return all materials to their PROPER place.
- Wait quietly to be dismissed – leaving the room without being dismissed will result in an office referral for skipping.
Students will be considered Tardy if they are not physically in the classroom when the class begins. A tardy log will be kept in the classroom. Each student is responsible for any unexcused tardy. It is important to be on time and prepared to every class so that you do not fall behind. An excessive number of days of the student being tardy will result in a minor write up.
Late work will be accepted for a reduction in the student’s grade. The first week the assignment is late, 5 points will be automatically deducted. Any week after that 10 points will be deducted. Late assignments will be accepted until the posted cutoff date for each quarter.